APPROVED RESTRICTED ASBESTOS REMOVAL LICENCE (RAL)
A licence is required in Western Australia for the removal of
materials that contain asbestos. A Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence
allows people to remove amounts exceeding 10 square metres of bonded (non-friable)
asbestos. Those completing this course will be able to properly supervise,
manage and carry out asbestos work involving non-friable (bonded) asbestos-containing
The licence will be valid for three years.
For more information, visit: www.worksafe.wa.gov.au
Applicants for a Restricted Asbestos Licence will be required
to submit to WorkSafe a written application form for a Restricted Asbestos
Licence, pay an application fee; and provide evidence of ability to remove
asbestos in a safe and proper manner (completion of this course).
There are no pre requisites for this course.
MODULE 1: MODULE ONE: LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORK
• Describe the legislative requirements of the Occupational Safety
and Health Act 1984, supporting Regulations and associated Codes and Standards.
• Identify types of asbestos, including friable and non friable
asbestos and its uses.
• Describe the health effects relating to asbestos exposure.
MODULE 2: RISK MANAGEMENT
• Identify hazards in the work area.
• Conduct a risk assessment.
• Identify the controls required.
• Identify and select PPE & clothing.
• Prepare a Safe Work Method Statement.
MODULE 3: REMOVAL & DISPOSAL OF NON FRIABLE (BONDED) ASBESTOS
• Plan the removal of asbestos.
• Outline procedures for the removal of asbestos.
• Outline procedures for clean up and decontamination of worksite,
tools and workers.
• Identify the methods of transporting and disposing of asbestos
containing materials safely in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
Candidates will be awarded with a Statement of Completion which is required
to apply for the licence.
Please allow a full day for this course. Actual finish time will vary depending on the number of participants and level of prior knowledge.
Please contact AST or click here to download latest Training Schedule.
Construction Training Fund subsidy of $280 is available to eligible candidates.
|2014 Dates & Venues:
AST Perth, Western Australia
|On Demand and On Site
• Air-conditioned training Room comfortable for 8 persons with white
• Practical training area
• Insulation/sound heat proofing
• Associated tools and equipment
View more courses